Our therapists and staff make your recovery priority number one. APN Physical Therapy is the premier physical therapy center in Ocean and Monmouth County for recovery of back, spine, extremity injuries, and pain. Each office offers state of the art equipment and trained personnel integral in your recovery.
Peter McHugh PT founded APN Physical Therapy in 1999 and has served as president/ director for over fifteen years. APN Physical Therapy has successfully rehabilitated thousands of satisfied patients under his guidance. Pete and his staff are dedicated to continuing a physical therapy practice that will deliver the needs of all patients.
- Peter McHugh, PT was raised in Somerset County, NJ. He attended Hillsborough High School and received his Bachelor of Science from the University of Maryland at College Park. Graduate studies in physical therapy were completed at Rutgers/UMDNJ, Stratford, NJ. Following his completion of a Master’s degree, Pete was employed by Life Rehab in Point Pleasant followed by an eight year tenure at Cedar Bridge Physical Therapy in Brick, NJ. In 1999, he founded APN Physical Therapy, Inc.
Pete now resides in Toms River with his wife Cyndi and children Peter, Nicklaus, Kaylyn and Talia. He is also the proud father of the late Alyssa Rose McHugh, who died in 1998.
- Dr. Mitchell Kosheff began his career as a New York State license massage therapist in 1990. He then completed perquistes to enter the physical therapy program a S.U.N.Y at Buffalo. After graduating with his bachelors degree in 1994, he began an advanced level training program in manual physical therapy through the University at St. Augustine. He earned certification in manual therapy in 2002. He then entered into the Doctor of physical therapy program at Widener Universtiy earning his clinical doctorate in physical therapy in 2004. He has also continued to take advanced level courses in various areas of orthopedic manual physical therapy; specializing in the use of their is soft tissue mobilization‘s and massage, Along with the application of joint mobilization and manipulation techniques. Along with the application of joint mobilization manipulation techniques Dr. Kosheff combines the application of massage and bodyworks with advanced level manual therapy techniques. He then apply specific exercise activities custom tailored to each individual’s specific condition to strengthen and stabilze what was corrected with his hands. Dr. Kosheff has worked for over 23 years I’m over 23 years I’m outpatient clinics and home health. Dr. Kosheff looks to treat any orthopedic and sports related pain condition head to toe; and especially hose with difficult to treat chronic pain conditions.
- Laura started working at APN in 2003. She graduated from Atlantic Cape Community College in 1994. She has experience with orthopedic and sports medicine, skilled nursing facilities, traumatic brain injuries, and wound care. She is compassionate about helping people return to independence and regain functional goals.
- Felicia was raised in Philadelphia, PA. She attended Harcum College and graduated in 1989 as a physical therapist assistant. Felicia worked for 13 years at Moss Rehab Hospital before relocating to Jersey Shore. She worked primarily in orthopedics.She has two daughters and enjoys country line dancing, fishing, and crabbing .Felicia has worked for APN as a part time PTA for a year now and enjoys treating patients here.
- Giovanna started working at APN Physical Therapy in 2010 as a Physical Therapy Aide. She started out just being certified in personal training , which gave her the experience she needed to show patients exercises. She went to college at Brookdale Community College and Ocean County college, sticking to courses in the medical field, then decided to do courses at Ocean County Vocational school and became a certified medical assistant receptionist in 2012. Gradually as time went on she was learning a lot of background in medical office work and decided she wanted to learn more with APN. She continued to work as an aide and also helped out a lot with the office work. In 2014 she became the office manager in the Toms River location and supervises both offices.
- Bill Corrigan has been working for APN since 2013 as a physical therapy aide. He is going to school currently to pursue a career as a physical therapist.