This notice describes how medical information about you may be used and disclosed, and how you can get access to this information.
USES AND DISCLOSURES OF YOUR HEALTH INFORMATION:
- Your health information may be used by staff members or disclosed to other health care professionals for the purpose of evaluating your health, diagnosing medical conditions, and providing treatment. For example, results of evaluations will be available in your medical record to all health professionals who may provide treatment or who may be consulted by staff members.
- Your health information may be used to seek payment from your health plan, from other source of coverage; such as automobile insurance, or from credit card companies that you may use to pay for services. For example, your health plan may request and receive information on dates of service, the services provided, and medical conditions being treated.
- Healthcare Operations:
- Your health information may be used as necessary to support the day-to-day activities and management of APN Physical Therapy, Inc. For example, information on the services you received may be used to support budgeting and financial reporting, and activities to improve quality.
- Law Enforcement:
- Your health information may be disclosed to law enforcement agencies, without your permission, to support government audits and inspection, to facilitate law enforcement investigations, and to comply with government mandated reporting.
OTHER USES AND DISCLOSURES REQUIRE YOUR AUTHORIZATION:
Disclosure of your health information or its use for any purpose, other than those listed, requires your specific written authorization. If you change your mind after authorizing a use or disclosure of your information you may submit a written revocation of the authorization. However, your decision to revoke the authorization will not affect or undo any use or disclosure of information that occurred before you notified us of your decision.
ADDITIONAL USES OF INFORMATION:
- Appointment Reminders:
- Your health information will be used by our staff to send you appointment reminders.